The wonderful @labeet has awarded me on her blog La Beet with this award. Check her out, her blog is definitely worth an award or two. So now I’m supposed to share 10 secrets with you and award ten others. Feel free to ignore me on this but I decided to play along. Here are the rules:
a. ‘The Honest Scrap Blogger Award’ must be shared.
b. The recipient has to tell 10 (true) things about themselves that no one else knows.
c. The recipient has to pass on the award to 10 more bloggers.
d. Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
I can begin by warning you that these are not secrets but I’ll try to find something that I haven’t actually told everyone who wanted to listen.
1. As a teenager I was into horoscopes. I didn’t read the day-to-day stuff in the papers but I had a book by a known Icelandic astrologist and I categorized people after what it said that this and that star sign should be like. It became a habit, a hobby, a fun one.
2. I have a love hate relationship with water. I love to drink water. It’s the liquid of life. But I don’t swim in it. I don’t run into the ocean no matter how warm it is at the beach, but I love watching the ocean and the waves. I *can* swim a little but I’m not sure my ability would safe my life if I would be put in a ‘situation’.
3. I have a thing for stuffed animals (or just animals of all kind).
4. I often have over 15 books on my nightstand at any time and still utter the sentence “I have nothing to read” (I suspect it’s related to the feeling when you stand in front of a full closet and say “I have nothing to wear” it’s a matter of mood).
5. I tend to like B-movies more than quality movies. At least I tend to watch the b-movies I like more than once while the quality movies only get one sitting.
6. I tend to be a bit of a hypochondriac.
7. I am reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and enjoying it.
8. I don’t drink coffee.
9. I really wish I had taken photography courses. It’s not too late now but I wish I’d done it before the digital revolution.
10. I don’t know much about make-up and although I use it from time to time I really have no clue of what I’m doing.
And now for the fun part. The awards go to:
(treat this as you wish, ignore it if you will)
Mad Biliophile has a wonderful book blog (which might make this nomination hard for her to do but that’s alright, her blog should be awarded and she might have some secrets about books she’s been waiting to share).
A Literary Odyssey – she is reading the classics and it’s interesting to read about her journey through this difficult territory so she deserves a praise too.
Dryride shares his views on the world and on books on his Becoming.
Steven_The_Rill shares his life in an interesting way on his blog.